Gawler Place, Adelaide, west side, south of Pirie Street. This view, taken on December 19th, 1923, shows the upper portion of the Simpson's Building, just after completion. This site was formerly occupied by the Congregational Church in early days. For a drawing of this church, see B 1206. See B 2046 for a view of Simpson's from Pirie Street. For alterations made in 1950, see B 12359.