Find • gawler place • Results 211 to 240 of 621

Pirie Street, near Gawler Place

Pirie Street, near Gawler Place

Pirie Street looking west from a point a little east of Gawler Place. October 1928. Businesses seen on the southern side include: Elliott Motor Cycles, Atkins Limited, Roderick's Shoe Store. Over the intersection with King William Street stands the Advertiser Building. On the northern side of Pirie Street stands Arthur L Atterton, W Colyer tailor, Selborne. Pirie Street is busy with pedestrians and cars.

Gawler Place,  near Pirie Street

Gawler Place, near Pirie Street

Gawler Place, west side near Pirie Street. The building was formerly used as a Congregational Chapel. The stone building faces east and stands back about 16 yards from the street alignment. The southern wall is about 5 yards north of the southern boundary of the acre. The photograph depicts the business premises of A Simpson and Son. A sack is being lowered from a barn next door and a horse and cart is being loaded with boxes. A bearded gentleman in a bowler hat is coming out the the warehouse.

Gawler Place south of Pirie Street

Gawler Place south of Pirie Street

Gawler Place, west side, far side of building is 40.5 yards south of Pirie Street and frontage is 10.5 yards. For alterations to building on right hand side made in 1950, and for building erected on site of round-roofed iron structure in 1923 and altered in 1950, see B 12359.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Union Bank south east corner of Gawler Place and Pirie Street. This two storey solid brick building has shutters on the windows, and tall porch, metal railings and a hitching post fence out the front. A gentleman in a top hat can be seen near the entrance.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Union Bank of Australia, south western corner of Gawler Place, then Freeman Street, and Pirie Street. (Sweet Adelaide 32) The Union Bank was first established in Hobart in 1837. It was an Anglo-Australian bank. The photograph shows the Adelaide branch which was housed in an attractive two storey building with shutters over the windows and an iron railing fence in the front.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, west side, October 30th 1952. Agriculture Building (formerly Simpsons) altered and completed in 1950. Left side of Agriculture Building is 43.25 yards south of Pirie Street. Frontage 22.25 yards. For views of Agriculture Building before alterations (and site of five storey portion of building when occupied by iron structure) see B 1862 and B 5378

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, west side, frontage of building is 17 metres.

Elliot's Corner, Gawler Place, Adelaide

Elliot's Corner, Gawler Place, Adelaide

South east corner of Gawler Place and Pirie Street, Adelaide. Elliot's Corner motor cycle shop is advertising Harley Davidson motorcycles, and Goodyear and Bates Tyres. The Shell Motor Oil logo features on the top front of the building.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, east side, August 6th 1935. Left side of Tyrrell's Book Shop is 29 yards south of Pirie Street. Next door to the south stands the Adelaide Bird and Seed Store.

Adelaide Motors, Gawler Place

Adelaide Motors, Gawler Place

Adelaide Motors, Gawler Place, east side, January 19th 1936. Site of Adelaide Motors Limited is 39 yards south of Pirie Street and the frontage is 15 yards wide. This photograph shows the alterations effected in 1935 to the premises of Adelaide Motors Limited. Compare with B 6714.

Sven Kallins, Gawler Place

Sven Kallins, Gawler Place

Sven Kallins TV and Radio shop, 138 Gawler Place, East Side.

National Bank, Gawler Place

National Bank, Gawler Place

National Bank, Pirie Street Branch, temporary branch,Gawler Place, East Side.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, East Side.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, East Side.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place looking north from a point a few yards north of Flinders Street on September 8, 1923. The nearly empty street stretches as far as North Terrace in the distance.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

[General description] A man is walking past an old bluestone building, the premises of Elliott Brothers' Exelsior Motor Garage, which is soon to be replaced. A bicycle standing at the kerb is silhouetted in the foreground. [On back of photograph] 'Acre 234 / Gawler Place. West side / Jan. 29, 1927 / Site of Elliott Brothers' premises: Left side is 50.5 yards north of Flinders Street. Frontage: 20 yards.' (Another hand) 'For view of premises erected on this site in 1927, see B 4706.'

Gawler Place, Adelaide

Gawler Place, Adelaide

[General description] The new premises of Motors Limited are of red brick with a rendered concrete facade and feature large plate glass windows in the showroom. 'White Truck Service Station' is painted on the parapet of the building. [On back of photograph] 'Acre 234 / Gawler Place, west side / April 29th, 1928 / Motors Ltd. erected in 1927. For earlier view of site see B 3948 / Site of Motors Ltd.: Near side is 50.5 yards north of Flinders Street. Frontage: 20.5 yards'.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, west side, 21 December 1962, Motors premises is 71 yards north of Flinders Street.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, west side 30th October 1952. Centre building altered and refaced in 1952; its right side abuts Bray Street, frontage: 12 yards. For a 1906 view see B2961 For a 1960 view see B14345.

Gawler Place, Adelaide

Gawler Place, Adelaide

[General description] This building is undergoing alterations or demolition. An FJ Holden car is in the foreground. [On back of photograph] 'Acre 271 / North east corner of Gawler Place and Bray Street / 16th August 1960 / Right side of building abuts south side of Bray Street / Frontage is 11 yards / For view of this building in 1952 see B 12360'

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, west side showing the Children's Welfare Department building before demolition. Right side of the house is 48 yards south of Flinders Street; frontage is 10 yards. The name changed in 1966 to Department of Social Welfare

Corner of Gawler Place

Corner of Gawler Place

Corner of Gawler Place and Flinders Street during a Royal visit from Queen Elizabeth II in 1954.

Corner of Gawler Place

Corner of Gawler Place

Corner of Gawler Place during a Royal visit from Queen Elizabeth II in 1954.

Corner of Gawler Place

Corner of Gawler Place

Corner of Gawler Place during a Royal visit from Queen Elizabeth II in 1954.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, east side, Left side of premises is 37 yards south of Flinders Street, frontage: 26 yards.

Gawler Place, Adelaide

Gawler Place, Adelaide

Eastern corner of Gawler Place and Wakefield Street, Adelaide, on May 3rd, 1923. This building is covered with advertisements for 'Suds Soap, the Wonder Worker', 'Zebra Stove Polish', 'Reckitts Blue' and other grocery products of the time. For a view taken after alterations see B 1854.

Gawler Place, Adelaide

Gawler Place, Adelaide

[General description] Workmen, one up on the roof, are busy with the early stages of demolition work on this single storey stone cottage. Materials are being loaded on to an early buckboard style vehicle with a tray. [On back of photograph] 'Acre 301 / Gawler Place, east side / May 21, 1926 / Far side of cottages is 35 yards north of Wakefield Street. Frontage: 23 yards. These cottages were demolished in 1926. For view of structure subsequently erected see B 4178.'

Gawler Place, Adelaide

Gawler Place, Adelaide

Gawler Place, Adelaide, west side, between Wakefield Street and Flinders Street, on November 24th 1923. The two storey cottage with a verandah was demolished in 1924. See B 2694 for a view of its replacement. The right side of Modern Building Company's premises is 35 yards north of Wakefield Street.

Wakefield Street near Gawler Place

Wakefield Street near Gawler Place

Unitarian Church, Wakefield Street, north side, September 6th 1904, the side of Sunday school is 17 yards west of Gawler Place. For a view of site surrounded by iron fence see B 12355 taken in 1852 when site was occupied by Laycock's Monumental Works. The Church has a hexagonal steeple topped by six stone spires.