Find • 1907 • Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2,044

E. Cooke

E. Cooke

E. Cooke, Commissioner of Audit, South Australia. He is wearing an embroidered levee dress uniform with ceremonial sword to which he was entitled as a high level civil servant, following the British court tradition.

F. F. Turner

F. F. Turner

F. F. Turner, Registrar-General, Commissioner Patents, etc.

Members of the Inter-State Patents Conference

Members of the Inter-State Patents Conference

A formal group of participating members of the Inter-State Patents Conference including F.F. Turner, the South Australian Commissioner of Patents. Standing (from left) R.K. Oakley (Secretary fo Victorian Customs Department), P.P. Packham (NSW's Patents Office), George Townsend (Q. Registrar of Patents). Seated (from left) J.L. Watkins (NSW Parliamentary Draftsman), Acting Judge Neighbour, Vic (Chairman), F.F. Turner (SA Commissioner of Patents), R.M. Johnston (Tas. Commissioner of Patents).

Photographs of Presbyterian buildings, activities and people.

Photographs of Presbyterian buildings, activities and people.

Collection of photographs of Presbyterian Church buildings activities and people.

Photographs of Presbyterian buildings, activities and people.

Photographs of Presbyterian buildings, activities and people.

Collection of photographs of Presbterian Church buildings activities and people. The series of photos for the Canowie Belt Church Golden Jubilee celebrations (172-184) were taken by Lawrie Golding, the local school teacher. See 'contents' for details of items.

Photographs of Presbyterian buildings, activities and people.

Photographs of Presbyterian buildings, activities and people.

Collection of photographs of Presbyterian Church buildings activities and people. Housed in album with nos 221-260.

Photographs relating to Goolwa, Victor Harbor and south coast region

Photographs relating to Goolwa, Victor Harbor and south coast region

Photographs and post cards collected by J.C. Tolley relating to the Goolwa, Victor Harbor and Granite Island. First 12 images are commercial postcards published by P.M. Wells, Goolwa and printed by Vardon Print, Adelaide. Others include aerial views of south coast region, Goolwa barrage and May 1929 'Back to Goolwa'.

Photographs of the Adelaide Hills, and locations in Queensland and Western Australia

Photographs of the Adelaide Hills, and locations in Queensland and Western Australia

Several pages from an Album of photographs, containing views of the Adelaide Hills, Barossa Reservoir, and locations in Perth, Brisbane, Cairns, Newcastle and Thursday Island. Selected images have been digitised; request album to view complete collection.

Photographs of river shipping and places

Photographs of river shipping and places

Photographs from Harry Godson's collection which had been given his catalogue numbers but were not included in earlier digitised series 1-4. His numbers are included in caption details. Among the collection are photographs from the PS 'Marion' on its last trip from Berri to Mannum in June 1963 before being handed over to Mannum National Trust (images 32-63). Most images undated. See 'Contents' in 'More info' for details.

Sturt Football Club

Sturt Football Club

Members of the Sturt Football Club.

Scenes at Wallaroo

Scenes at Wallaroo

Two photographs by Edwin Duryea of Wallaroo scenes. See 'Contents' for details.

Opening of the Beaton Memorial Fountain in Port Augusta

Opening of the Beaton Memorial Fountain in Port Augusta

Group of people gathered in a main street of Port Augusta to open the Beaton Memorial Fountain. The crowd is mostly made up of men in their hats and suits. Part of the street can be seen behind the group along with several carts. From handwriting on the back of the photo: "Opening memorial to Mr. Beaton Postmaster drinking fountain." The road is possibly Commercial Road.

Hoffmann photographs, box 13, Penwortham.

Hoffmann photographs, box 13, Penwortham.

Part of a collection of glass plate negatives which have been transferred from the National Trust of South Australia, Victor Harbor Branch. The images comprise a property with fruit trees and the surrounding landscape. Includes people at the property and various portraits. The negatives were originally from Charles Hoffmann [assumed to be Hoffmann Photographics, Victor Harbor]. Imperial plates.

Central Junior Football Team (Broken Hill)

Central Junior Football Team (Broken Hill)

The Central Junior Football team (in Broken Hill), who were premiers 1904 through to 1907. Top row (from left): J. Drummond, C. Murphy (Assistant Secretary), C.P. Manoel, R. Haire, C. Scriven. Second row: G. Parnell, E.K. Coxwell, E. Habner, F. Summerville, W. Hefron, P. O'Mara, F. Fisher, W. Dawes, E. Warrior. Third row: W. Hardwick (trainer), F. Ryan, R.B. Sheriff, A. Buckham (Vice president), J.G. Anderson (Captain), J.T. McMahon (Chairman), J. Clark, W. Bridger [with baby - William Clarence Bridger], W. McMahon. Bottom row: W. Crosby, J. Fisher, P. Gabriel, S. Whitehorn, D.G. Fergusson, L.J. Lee, J. O'Brien.

Photographs of the Grille Incident Centenary Lunch, Parliament House

Photographs of the Grille Incident Centenary Lunch, Parliament House

Collection of photographs taken of politicians and guests at the Grille Incident Centenary Lunch held at Parliament House on 28th October 2008 to celebrate the life and work of suffragette Muriel Matters; a protest group from the Copper Coast opposing Woolworth's were on the steps of Parliament House at the time.

Robert Kay memorial plaque

Robert Kay memorial plaque

A photograph of a relief of Robert Kay, who was Chief Executive Officer of the South Australian Institute and Public Library, Museum and Art Gallery of South Australia 1859-1904. The photograph has faded, and the label on the back reads: "By special appointment to His Excellency the Governor. From E.A. Hunt, gilder, picture framer, and mount cutter from Artistic Framing Works, 30 Gawler Place, Adelaide". The original memorial plaque was created by Harry Pelling Gill (1855-1916), director of the School of Design, South Australian Institute, and the likeness may have been created as a plaster medallion after a model wax bust was first made. The plaque features a portrait of Robert Kay, seen in three-quarter view, wearing a coat and bow tie. The decorative border features leaves in an Art Nouveau style. The inscription reads at the top: 'Loyal and True', and in a scroll underneath the portrait: 'Robert Kay. Chief Executive Officer of the South Australian Institute and (subsequently) Public Library, Museum, and Art Gallery of South Australia from 1st June 1859 until his death 24th April 1904.' The memorial plaque featured in an exhibition held at the Art Gallery of South Australia on 1 June 1909, which included Specimens of the Assay Offices such as dies for printing tokens, to mark the fiftieth anniversary of the appointment of the late Robert Kay as secretary of the South Australian Institute. The memorial plaque was intended to hang in the library.

Visit of Old Vic Theatre Company to Adelaide

Visit of Old Vic Theatre Company to Adelaide

Two autographed photographs (of Robert Helpmann and Katharine Hepburn) acquired as part of a donation of ephemera relating to the visit of the Old Vic Theatre Co. to South Australia in 1953.

Old Port Adelaide

Old Port Adelaide

Watercolour painting of Port Adelaide by Harry Pelling Gill, dated "07". The artwork shows a small estuary with the Port River behind that and ships, wharves and buildings in the background. A note on the backing papers reads 'Presented to Helen Wright by Harry Gill, an artist, on Aug. 19, 1914. Bequeathed by Helen Wright to Dr Helen Young, and gifted to Dr C. Young in 1951. He died in August 1986. Inherited by his wife'. A further annotation on the backing board (obscured by the mounting) reads '(121) 908B/1 Bn Low tide - Hawkers Creek - River - Port Adelaide'.

Waterfall near Mannum

Waterfall near Mannum

Two women, one standing one sitting, and a man at a waterfall which is cascading over boulders at a gorge near Mannum.

Central Junior Football Team (Broken Hill)

Central Junior Football Team (Broken Hill)

The Central Junior Football team (in Broken Hill), who were premiers in 1904 through to 1907s. Only the front two rows are formally captioned. Front row (from left): W. Hardwick (Trainer), F. Lang, J. Richards, J. Lloyd (Umpire), J. Fisher, S. Crosbie, T. Fisher (Trainer). Second row (from left): L. Roberts, P.W. Job (Vice-Capt.), J. T. McMahon (Chairman), C.V. Pade (Captain), T. McFie (President), H. Ninham, J. Conway. of the remaining team members only William Edward Bridger (second from left in back row - with moustache) is identified.

The 'Indore' in an unidentified harbour

The 'Indore' in an unidentified harbour

The iron ship 'Indore', 2146 tons, in an unidentified harbour [iron ship, 2146 tons, ON91276, 279.0 x 40.7 x 24.6 Built 1885 (11) Richardson, Duck and Co., Stockton. Owners: Eyre Evans and Co. registered Liverpool; later Romeo Shipping Co. Ltd. (T Rome, manager) c.1906 sold to Norway without change of name, and wrecked on Staten Island in 1907].

The 'Timaru' in Port Chalmers

The 'Timaru' in Port Chalmers

The iron ship 'Timaru', 1306 tons, in Port Chalmers [iron 3 mast ship, 1363 gross, 1306 net tons. ON71689, 239.3 x 36.1 x 21.1. Built 1874 (12) Scott and Co. Greenock. Owners: Albion Shipping Co., registered Glasgow, later Shaw Savill and Albion Co. Ltd., c.1899 converted into a freezer-storage hulk in South Africa. (Some reports say she was wrecked under Norwegian ownership Feb. 22, 1907)].

The 'Wairoa' in an unidentified harbour

The 'Wairoa' in an unidentified harbour

The iron ship 'Wairoa', 1128 tons, in an unidentified harbour. Also refer to print PRG 1373/30/92 [iron 3 mast ship rigged; altered to a barque after sale and renaming. 1057 gross tons. ON73621. 204.1 x 34.2 x 20.0. Built 1875 (11) Palmers Co. Newcastle upon Tyne. Owners: New Zealand Shipping Co. Ltd., registered London. c.1900 to Russians who renamed the vessel 'Winnipeg'. She sailed from Pensacola, USA with a cargo of timber in 1907 bound for Buenos Ayres, but went missing].

The 'Daniel' in an unidentified harbour

The 'Daniel' in an unidentified harbour

The wooden barque 'Daniel', 299 tons, in an unidentified harbour [wooden 2 mast schooner, originally 351gross, 317 net tons, later (Australia) 299 tons. ON121172 (British) 127.1 x 31.1 x 12.0. Built 1894 E Gundersen, Tvedstrand, Norway. Owners C. Wroldsen, registered Tvedstrand, 1907. Union Box and Packing Case Co. Ltd, registered Sydney later Sailing Ship 'Daniel' Ltd. converted to a hulk at Sydney c.1924. (Instead of a figurehead she had a lot of beautiful scroll work on her stem head and this has been preserved at the Snapper Island Training establishment in Sydney Harbour)].

Photographs of wedding cakes

Photographs of wedding cakes

Photographs of wedding cakes highlighting intricate icing.

Photographs of W. Menz & Company

Photographs of W. Menz & Company

Photographs of W. Menz & Company staff, business premises, including that burnt in 1892 fire, staff picnics and sporting teams. Includes a Roll of Honour for WWII personnel from the company. For further details about photograph groups, see below.

The 'Timaru' in an unidentified harbour

The 'Timaru' in an unidentified harbour

The iron ship 'Timaru', 1306 tons, in an unidentified harbour [iron 3 mast ship, 1363 gross, 1306 net tons. ON71689, 239.3 x 36.1 x 21.1. Built 1874 (12) Scott and Co. Greenock. Owners: Albion Shipping Co., registered Glasgow, later Shaw Savill and Albion Co. Ltd., c.1899 converted into a freezer-storage hulk in South Africa. (Some reports say she was wrecked under Norwegian ownership Feb. 22, 1907)].

The 'Wairoa' (as barque)

The 'Wairoa' (as barque)

The iron ship 'Wairoa' (as barque), 1015 tons, at an unidentified harbour. Also refer to print PRG 1373/30/99 [iron 3 mast ship rigged; altered to a barque after sale and renaming. 1057 gross tons. ON73621. 204.1 x 34.2 x 20.0. Built 1875 (11) Palmers Co. Newcastle upon Tyne. Owners: New Zealand Shipping Co. Ltd., registered London. c.1900 to Russians who renamed the vessel 'Winnipeg'. She sailed from Pensacola, USA with a cargo of timber in 1907 bound for Buenos Ayres, but went missing].

'Gaspare S' iron  barque

'Gaspare S' iron barque

'Gaspare S' iron barque 1488 tons (see also 'Knight of the Garter') [iron ship 1494 tons, ON78724, 233.0 x 37.9 x 22.8. Built 1877 (10) T Royden and Son, Liverpool. Owners: Greeshields, Cowie and Co. Registered Liverpool, sold to Italians and renamed 'Papa Emanuele', renamed by other Italian owners in 1907 'Montevideo', the ship eventually was renamed 'Gaspare S' and was broken up in 1923]

The 'Daniel' in an unidentified harbour

The 'Daniel' in an unidentified harbour

The wooden barque 'Daniel', 299 tons, in an unidentified harbour [wooden 2 mast schooner, originally 351gross, 317 net tons, later (Australia) 299 tons. ON121172 (British) 127.1 x 31.1 x 12.0. Built 1894 E Gundersen, Tvedstrand, Norway. Owners C. Wroldsen, registered Tvedstrand, 1907. Union Box and Packing Case Co. Ltd, registered Sydney later Sailing Ship 'Daniel' Ltd. converted to a hulk at Sydney c.1924. (Instead of a figurehead she had a lot of beautiful scroll work on her stem head and this has been preserved at the Snapper Island Training establishment in Sydney Harbour)].