Find • mount gambier • Results 421 to 450 of 9,192


Mount Gambier football team
Mount Gambier football team. The first Mount Gambier Association was formed in 1894 with football now being played at Frew Park, Vansittart Park and the Showgrounds which were in Margaret Street. This association gradually fell away and was later reformed with teams known as Rovers, Wanderers, Alberts and Warriors. This association continued until 1925


Painters, Mount Gambier
Business premises of Brown & Howland, Painters at Mount Gambier.


Mount Gambier Fire Brigade
Mount Gambier Council Fire Brigade Officers. There were two fire brigades in existence at this time, the other being the Mount Gambier Volunteer Fire Brigade. Ten firemen can be seen, two holding fire nozzles and also standing in this group are three gentlemen in suits


Boer War Troops, Mount Gambier
Mount Gambier troops of the South African War, 1899 -1902 : Back: W. Beale, A. Ewens, N. MacIntosh, P. Burton, A.J. Kilsby: Front: R. Malone, D. McArthur, J. MacGillvery, A. Bates, W. Whitehead. James MacGillvery/McGillivray is noted on the Mount Gambier War Memorial. He is noted as Regimental Sergeant Major of the 5th South Australian Imperial Bushmen - Australian and Colonial Military Forces. He was born 30 January 1851 and died at Vankollensfontein July 21, 1901


Boer War Troops, Mount Gambier
Mount Gambier troops of the South African War, 1899 -1902: Back: W. Beale, W. Whitehead, A.J. Kilsby; Centre: A. Bates, J. McGillvray, R. Malone, D. McArthur; Front: P. Burton, N. MacIntosh, A. Ewens. James MacGillvery/McGillivray is noted on the Mount Gambier War Memorial. He is noted as Regimental Sergeant Major of the 5th South Australian Imperial Bushmen - Australian and Colonial Military Forces. He was born 30 January 1851 and died at Vankollensfontein July 21, 1901


Railway Station, Mount Gambier
Mount Gambier Railway Station built of wood was erected in 1879. In was demolished and an Art Deco station was built in 1918. The line connected to Naracoorte, Bordertown and Adelaide. By 1897 the line connected Mount Gambier to Millicent and Beachport


Cottage, Mount Gambier
Home of Mr. Henstridge, at German Flat, Mount Gambier West : Behind fence, Harry Henstridge, Mr. Henstridge, Mrs Henstridge, Martha Henstridge, Sarah Henstridge, front of fence: ?, Fred Henstridge Jr., Maria Henstridge. House was built by the owner. Fred Henstridge Jr. died 21 November 1934, aged 75. He created the Cave Gardens in Mount Gambier, and was a member of the Salvation Army. His father came from England in the early 1800s, with his two brothers. Frederick Henstridge senior married Maria Smith and Harriet Ford. He was father to Mary Ann, Samual, Eliza, Sara Ann, Harriet Maria, Emily and Martha. Frederick senior's brother Henry was President of the Typographical Society in 1888 and in 1899 Compositor of the Register Newspaper. He died in 1908


E. S. & A. Bank. Mount Gambier
English, Scottish & Australian Bank, Mount Gambier. First Manager was John Frew, 1866-1873.


Public School, Mount Gambier
Mount Gambier public school. This was the former Mount Gambier Infant School situated at 7, Wehl Street South. It was constructed in 1877 of grey limestone and upper walls of dolomite with dressed limestone quoining to the doors, windows and entrance porches.


South Australian Hotel
South Australian Hotel. Mount Gambier : licensee, Albert James. This hotel existed from 1860 at 78 Commercial Street, East. It was the third hotel in Mount Gambier and was enlarged in 1861


Town Hall, Mount Gambier
Town Hall at Mount Gambier, with two wagonette style horse cabs standing at the kerb. The Town Hall was completed in 1882, the architect was JJ Barrow and the contractor was William Webber. Thomas Chute Ellis of 'Benara Station' donated the clock and tower which were erected in 1883.


Cave Gardens, Mount Gambier
Cave Gardens at Mount Gambier.


Cave Gardens. Mount Gambier
The Cave Gardens at Mount Gambier.


Railway Line, Mount Gambier
Turning the first sod of the Mount Gambier - Naracoorte railway line at Mount Gambier by Mr Riddoch.


Cave Gardens, Mount Gambier
Cave gardens at Mount Gambier.


Buggies, Mount Gambier
Buggies manufactured by William Barratt of Mount Gambier.


Aborigines, Mount Gambier
MOUNT GAMBIER: Aborigines, East of Frew Park, Mount Gambier.


Aerodrome, Mount Gambier
May and Davis Aerodrome at Penola Road, Mount Gambier.


Brass Band, Mount Gambier
Mount Gambier Brass Band.


Cubs, Mount Gambier
Mount Gambier Cubs.


Cabbies, Mount Gambier
Mount Gambier Cabbies.


First buggy built, Mount Gambier
The first buggy built in Mount Gambier (built by Sam Barratt, blacksmith/wheelwright and implement maker) - taken at Hedley Park and showing Sam Barrett and Chris Hobb.


Aborigines, Mount Gambier
MOUNT GAMBIER: Mount Gambier Aborigines.


Convent of Mercy Girls
Convent of Mercy girls, Mount Gambier.


St.Theresa Church
St. Theresa's, the Roman Catholic Church at Mount Gambier, situated on the corner of Crouch and Sturt Streets, built in 1861 and used until 1885. Also used for the Mount Gambier Grammar School. Demolished 1915.


Rifle Range, Mount Gambier
Mount Gambier soldiers at the rifle range.


Soldiers, Mount Gambier
Mount Gambier soldiers (from left) Perc McKay; Bob Christie; unknown; unknown.


Army Camp, Mount Gambier
Senior cadets at an army training camp, Mount Gambier,featuring a drinks table and a sign '74th [Infantry] - C Company. It has been suggested by a researcher that the man to the left of the tree (with the cap and moustache) may be Colin Hales. The same man appears in B 19200/36.


Rifle Range, Mount Gambier
The Opening of the Mount Gambier Rifle Range.


Rifle Range, Mount Gambier
Mount Gambier Rifle Range.