Find • 1907 • Results 691 to 720 of 2,044


Post Office, Port Lincoln
Institute and Post Office.


Street scene at Port Lincoln
Street scene.


Pier Hotel, Port Lincoln
Pier Hotel at Port Lincoln.


Dingley Dell Port MacDonnell
Dingley Dell Port MacDonnell - home of Adam Lindsay Gordon from 1864-1868.


Port Noarlunga Jetty
Port Noarlunga Jetty.


Port Pirie Wharf
Port Pirie Wharf. The Queen's Wharf was completed in October 1877 using silt removed from behind the wharfage. The harbour stood on a little creek divided into two parts. A bridge later joined the townships making Port Pirie a bustling port which needed more wharves and jetties.


The "Meinwen", Port Pirie
The "Meinwen" at Port Pirie, afterwards it was changed to the Alfhild. The steel barque was built in 1892 in Liverpool. It sailed between Hamburg, The Thames, South Shields, Port Pirie and Port Adelaide. The name was changed to Alfhild when sold in 1910 to Norwegian owners. In 1925 it was sold and converted to a barge.


Port Pirie
Port Pirie wharf showing the steamship "Beckenham" which was registered in London. Behind this ship is the "Myra Fell" which is a steel screw steamer which was built in 1907


Port Pirie
Port Pirie's Ellen Street. The tower on the railway station can be seen on the left of the photograph. An engine stands in the middle of the road


Port Pirie
Port Pirie. Ellen Street lined with hotels and business's. The Royal Exchange Hotel stands on the right of the photograph. Horace Edgar Duncan was the proprietor of the hotel at the time this photograph was taken.


Port Pirie Institute
Port Pirie Institute. This building existed from approximately 1876 when it housed the office and council chamber of the Corporate Town of Port Pirie. The council purchased the buildings of the Institute Committee in 1932 and reopened the former Institute as the new Port Pirie Town Hall and Municipal Offices. The Library was housed in a new building built next door. The Town Hall was demolished after the 1960's and another government building replaced it


Port Pirie
Port Pirie showing the Barrier Hotel in Ellen Street. At the time of the photograph the proprietor was JD Daly.


Port Adelaide
View of Port Adelaide.


Smelters, Port Pirie
Smelters at Port Pirie.


Fire Brigade Station
Fire Brigade Station and Masonic Hall at Port Pirie.


Port Pirie
View of Port Pirie and the Institute.


"Viking" at Port Victoria
Sailing vessel "Viking" at Port Victoria. "The Viking", along with "Olivebank", "Pamir", "Pommern" was loaded with grain during the 1939 season. "Viking" was a steel 4 mast steel barque built in Copenhagen in 1907. She is now preserved in Gothenberg, Sweden. She made five voyages to Port Victoria and Port Lincoln between 1938 - 1948.


Port Victoria Coursing Club
Port Victoria Coursing Club.


Port Wakefield
[General description] Wharf at Port Wakefield, stacked with grain bags. They are being loaded onto the ketches (on the right), part of what was called the 'Mosquito fleet' which plied between the small coastal ports, delivering supplies to the settlements and picking up grain and wool to be exported. A man is standing high on the yards of the 'Percy'.


Wharf, Port Wakefield
Wharf at Port Wakefield.


Shipping, Port Wakefield
Ships awaiting grain loading, Port Wakefield.


Quorn Railway Sheds
Quorn Railway sheds. The Quorn station opened as a terminus in 1879 on the Central Australia Railway. In 1881 Quorn became a junction station on the Peterborough to Quorn line. The railway goods shed needed to be located on the side nearest to the town. The government claimed the gradient made it impossible to have the goods and passengers sheds on the town side.


Roman Catholic church
The Roman Catholic church at Quorn.


Methodist church
Methodist church at Quorn.


St. Matthews church
St. Matthews church at Quorn.


Crowd in front of the Wyacca Church
A crowd of people in front of the Wyacca Church, Quorn district for the opening of the church. The man in the white coat is Charles Frederick Pearce, who was a very community minded man who travelled the district in a horse and sulky to fundraise in order to build this church. His farm was located directly opposite the church, which was also used as the Yarrah School. It was also used as a meeting place for the Wyacca & Arden Vale Agricultural Bureau, which he was President or Secretary from the late 1890's. They held regular meetings to support the local farmers overcome issues and deal with hardship of the drought at that time. The land the church was built on was donated by Mr. Hanneman, a friend of Charles Pearce, who was also in the Agricultural Bureau. The church was made of reclaimed materials from another old building nearby that housed the school. One fo the builders, Mr. Schumann, also built the Arden Vale church nearby and of similar design [information provided by a researcher].


Grand Junction Hotel, Quorn
The Grand Junction Hotel at Quorn, licenced by J.A. Watt.


Rendelsham School
Mr. Selas Schulz, teacher, 1901-1907, Rendelsham School, with his students.


Railway Yard, Rendelsham
Railway yard at Rendelsham.


Store Destroyed by Fire
Store at Rendelsham destroyed by fire.