Find • portrait collection • Results 6,601 to 6,630 of 10,681


Len Willsmore
Len Willsmore.


Mary Willsmore
Mary Willsmore, nee Binks.


Thomas Willson Esq
Thomas Willson Esq. J.P. of Lincoln Cottage, Hog Bay. First Chairman, Dudley District Council. A photograph with similar features is held by the Penneshaw Museum.


Charles Algernon Wilson
Charles Algernon Wilson Register of Probates.


Rev. W. Wilson
Rev. W. Wilson.


George Wilson
George Wilson of the "Register" staff. The Register was originally known as the South Australian Gazette and Colonial Register and later the South Australian Register was South Australia's first newspaper. It was first published in London in June 1936 and moved to Adelaide in 1837


Rev. T. P. Wilson
The Rev. T. P. Wilson.


Charles Winnecke
Charles Winnecke the 19th century explorer of Central Australia. He was a trained surveyor and led the Horn Scientific Exploring Expedition. He also explored from Alice Springs towards the Queensland border.


Charles Winnecke
Charles Winnecke, explorer and botanist entered to South Australian Government Survey Office in 1873 and was leader of the Horn Scientific Expedition of 1894. He surveyed the border between South Australia and Queensland where he established 50 trigonometrical stations. Water shortages and lack of horses saw him change to using camels for his exploration.


Charles Winnecke
Charles Winnecke, explorer.


Samuel Winslet
Samuel Winslet: Born 10 December 1850 at Darple Way, Surrey. Died 14 January 1909 at Freemantle. Arrived 24 December 1875 on the ship 'Lady Jocelyn'.


Emily Amelia Winslet
Emily Amelia Winslet, nee Daniel, born 22 February 1883 at Port Pirie, married Herbert Winslet 27 December 1906. She died 1945 at Rosewater.


Emily Amelia Winslet
Emily Amelia Winslet.


Herbert Harry Arthur Winslet
Herbert Harry Arthur Winslet - born 20 October 1882 at Rosewater; died 9 July 1946 at Rosewater.


Father P. W. C. Wise
Father P.W.C. Wise of St. George's Church, Goodwood.


Father P. W. C. Wise
Father P.W.C. Wise of St. George's Church, Goodwood.


C. August Wittber
C. August Wittber.


Police trooper Witters
Police trooper Witters.


Mr. Tullie Wollaston
Mr. Tullie Cornthwaite Wollaston (opal dealer).


W. A. L. Wolter
Wilhelm Adolph Ludwig Wolter (of the River Murray). Wilhelm Wolter, Master Mariner, arrived at Port Adelaide aboard the brigantine 'Adolph' from Hamburg in 1863. He died at Victor Harbor in 1933. He was a pioneer on the River Murray Steamers with 53 years experience. He was born at St Pauli, suburb of Hamburg and served in windjammers and vessels on the Indian coast and later sailers in the South Australian trade. He led an adventurous life before landing at Port Adelaide in 1863. On arrival he worked as a mason before venturing to Goolwa to work on Murray Steamers. He became a Captain and owned the steamer 'Pilot'.


Adjutant and Mrs. Wood
Adjutant and Mrs. Wood of the Mt. Gambier Salvation Army.


Mr. Gilbert Wood
Mr. Gilbert Wood and his wife Mrs Ann Wood (nee Fraser) had four daughters and three sons and they lived at Seaton Cottage on Magill Road. Gilbert Williamson Wood (1828 - 1886) was born in the Shetland Islands and came to Australia as chief mate on the brig "Seaton". In 1876 he founded the company G Wood and Company with premises in Rundle Street, Adelaide and Lipson Street, Port Adelaide. He was a deacon of Clayton Congregational Church for seventeen years


Mrs. Gilbert Wood
Mrs. Gilbert Wood wearing a dark dress with a large lace collar. Ann Wood (nee Fraser) was born on Muckle Row, Shetland Islands in 1829 and died November 27, 1920. Her husband Gilbert Wood had four daughters and three sons and they lived at Seaton Cottage on Magill Road. Gilbert Williamson Wood (1828 - 1886) was also born in the Shetland Islands and came to Australia as chief mate on the brig "Seaton". In 1876 he founded the company G Wood and Company with premises in Rundle Street, Adelaide and Lipson Street, Port Adelaide. He was a deacon of Clayton Congregational Church for seventeen years


Mrs. Gilbert Wood
Mrs. Gilbert Wood wearing a dark dress with a large lace collar. Ann Wood (nee Fraser) was born on Muckle Row, Shetland Islands in 1829 and died November 27, 1920. Her husband Gilbert Wood had four daughters and three sons and they lived at Seaton Cottage on Magill Road. Gilbert Williamson Wood (1828 - 1886) was also born in the Shetland Islands and came to Australia as chief mate on the brig "Seaton". In 1876 he founded the company G Wood and Company with premises in Rundle Street, Adelaide and Lipson Street, Port Adelaide. He was a deacon of Clayton Congregational Church for seventeen years


Joseph Wood
Joseph Wood, pioneer of Edwardstown.


Joseph Wood
Joseph Wood - husband of Sarah Wood (B45279).


Sarah Wood
Sarah Wood - (Grandmother of Miss L.A. Pitman).


Rev. W. J. Woodcock
The Rev. W. J. Woodcock.


Edward John Woods
Edward John Woods, architect, was responsible for designing many of the important buildings constructed in newly founded Adelaide. These include the Post Office, St Peter's Cathedral, the Governor's summer residence at Marble Hill, Government offices in Victoria Square, first wing of the Public Library, Adelaide Gaol, Parkside Asylum and many more. He was elected a fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects in 1892


Rev. J. Woods
Rev. J. Woods, 1832-1889.