Find • port adelaide • Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 10,005

![Block plans, Port Adelaide [cartographic material] /
surveyed and drawn by J.R. Ferguson](https://slsa-collections.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/66/64/cea3-dd1d-55da-90d7-4b315f273386.jpg)
Block plans, Port Adelaide [cartographic material] / surveyed and drawn by J.R. Ferguson
Surveyed and drawn for the Fire Underwriters' Association of South Australia. Detailed plans giving street names, names of occupiers and building usage. Lithographs, some colour, with annotations in red ink.


Port Broughton Jetty
Port Broughton Jetty is a typical coastal jetty constructed of timber pylons with timber support structures. The railway line was used for loading and unloading ships. The steamer at right is the "S.S. Investigator" which was built in 1883 and was owned by the Spencer's Gulf Steamship Company which later amalgamated with the Adelaide Steamship Company. Port Broughton offers a safe haven as it is not directly exposed to the gulf waters. It is sheltered at the entrance to the Mundoora Arm inlet. In 1877 a channel was dredged to allow safe passage for loading bags of grain onto ketches which would then reload their cargoes onto the larger windjammers anchored offshore.


Jetty, Port Elliot
Jetty at Port Elliot, showing the old Government Warehouse erected in 1853 and the breakwater. (Sweet Adelaide 793) The breakwater was erected in 1852 to protect the jetty and shipping in the bay, but it was damaged by a storm several years later.


Port Lincoln views
Composite of three views of Port Lincoln - Boston Bay taken from Winters Hill behind Port Lincoln (Original in colour) - A coloured lithograph of this in Australiana collection of National Gallery, Adelaide.


View of Port MacDonnell towns
View of Port MacDonnell Wheat Sheds. In 1864 Port MacDonnell began to prosper and in addition to wool, wheat became a major export. Revenue from Customs was second only to Port Adelaide. Large ships sailed directly to England loaded with wheat and wool


Wheat ketch at Port Vincent
Wheat ketch at Port Vincent. According to a researcher, the name of this vessel is the 'Kermandie', a four mast schooner that worked in the timber and grain trade between Port Adelaide and Tasmanian ports.


Views of Port Pirie
A collection of images of Port Pirie.


Views of Adelaide and surrounding districts
Album of views of Adelaide and surrounding districts, with some photographs attributable to the photographer Captain Samuel White Sweet. Views include street scenes in Adelaide, the Botanic Gardens, Victoria Square, Mitcham, Unley Park, Waterfall Gully, Gumeracha, Clarendon, Strathalbyn, Glenelg, Port Elliot. See 'more information tab' for further details about individual photographs. The following photographs are held elsewhere in the collection and have not been digitised again: 3. Government House and grounds, North Terrace, with view along King William Road to North Adelaide. City baths is on the left. Also at B 72111/78; 4. Art Gallery, in 1884, when part of the Public Library, Museum and Art Gallery building. Also at B 58005/49; 6. King William Street looking south. Horse drawn tram 113 in view. Also at B 72111/28; 11. Entrance to Botanic Gardens, showing decorative cast ironwork of the fence and gates. Also at B 72111/50; 12. 'Rosery, Botanic Gardens', the rose garden in the Botanic Gardens, showing pattern of flower beds. Also at B 72111/52; 14. Country road leading to Mitcham, with distant view of St Michael's Church. Photograph by Samuel White Sweet; 15. Muggs Hill Road, Mitcham. Also at B 12546. Photograph by Samuel White Sweet; 17. 'Road to Falls', 'Waterfall Gully'. Also at B 72111/105; 20. Residence and garden at 'Mount Lofty'. Also at B 72111/97;.


Knight's Beach, Port Elliot
Waves at Knight's Beach, Port Elliot, with a man resting on the rocks. (Sweet Adelaide 801).


The 'Glenlora' docked in Port Chalmers
The iron barque 'Glenlora', 774 tons, in an unidentified port [iron ship, re-rigged as 3 mast barque, c.1880 764 gross and net tons. ON50084. 192.2 x 31.2 x 18.4. Built 1864 (7) T Vernon and Son, Liverpool. Owners: T Stenhouse, reigstered London. c.1872/3 Shaw Savill and Co: who later became Shaw Savill and Albion Ltd. registered Southampton. c.1898 to Swedish owners without change of name. In 1918 was listed as being Norwegian owned. Well known New Zealand emmigrant trades]. A researcher has provided the following information: the Glenora is docked in Port Chalmers in Dunedin, New Zealand, approximately 1880. Behind the ship, visible through the rigging, is the spire of the Knox Cathedral.


The 'Port Caledonia' under sail
The four masted steel barque 'Port Caledonia', 2426 tons, under sail [steel 4 mast barque, 2426 tons, ON99818, 283.3 x 43.0 x 24.2. Built 1892 (6) Russell and Co., Greenock. Owners: Crawford and Rowat registered Glasgow. To Finnish owners without change of name. Wrecked on the coast of France in the winter of 1924/5].


The 'Port Caledonia' under sail
The four masted steel barque 'Port Caledonia', 2426 tons, under sail. Also refer to the print PRG 1373/17/86 [steel 4 mast barque, 2426 tons, ON99818, 283.3 x 43.0 x 24.2. Built 1892 (6) Russell and Co., Greenock. Owners: Crawford and Rowat registered Glasgow. To Finnish owners without change of name. Wrecked on the coast of France in the winter of 1924/5].


The 'Port Stanley' under sail
The four masted steel barque 'Port Stanley', 2276 tons, under sail [steel 4 mast barque, 2276 tons, ON98593, 278.0 x 42.0 x 24.2. Built 1890 (12) Russell and Co., Greenock, Owners: Crawford and Rowat. Registered Glasgow. To Scaninavian owners without change of name and broken up in 1925 at Troon].


The 'Port Errol' in an unidentified harbour
The steel ship 'Port Errol', 1935 tons, in an unidentified harbour [Note from Ron Parsons - 'This vessel not owned by Crawford and Rowat] [steel ship, 1935 tons, ON104594, 264.3 x 39.0 x 23.5. Built 1894 (11) Russsell and Co., Port Glasgow. Owners: CA Banck, registered Glasgow. Destroyed by fire in January 1895. While built for Crawford and Rowat never sailed for them as scuttled when took fire while loading for her maiden voyage. She was raised and repaired and became in succession the 'Svea' Swedish flag; 'Oregon' registered Bremen, 'Fritz Smith', Norwegian flag and finally 'Ekelund'].


Shipping, Port Darwin, 4 masted barque 'Euphrates'
Shipping in Port Darwin in the 1880's, with the 4 masted barque 'Euphrates'.


Shipping, Port Darwin, ship 'Falkland Hill', 'S.S. Tsinan', 'Menmuir', 'Catterthun'
Shipping in Port Darwin in 1892 with the ships 'Falkland Hill', 'S.S. Tsinan', 'Menmuir' and 'Catterthun' [Menmuir = iron steamship, 1980 gross, 1287 net tons. ON77120, 285.3 x 35.0 x 24.0 Built 1878 W Doxford and Sons, Sunderland. Quadruple expansion steam engine. Owners: Eastern and Australian SS Co. registered London]


Port Lincoln view
View of Port Lincoln fron the north over Boston Bay, showing the jetty and many buildings. The photograph is signed 'Sweet Adelaide 447'.

![South Australia [cartographic material] :
the port and town of Adelaide, on the eastern coast of St. Vincent's Gulf /
from a drawing by Colonel W. Light, Surveyor General](https://slsa-collections.s3.amazonaws.com/68/47/8e09-1988-5ce7-9764-710f590f9dbf.jpg)
South Australia [cartographic material] : the port and town of Adelaide, on the eastern coast of St. Vincent's Gulf / from a drawing by Colonel W. Light, Surveyor General
Map showing the town and port of Adelaide showing Light's proposed park grounds around the town, the location of the present settlement, the sand hill at the harbour and the freshwater inland lakes. The map features Light's model for the emerging city, emphasising the availability of water, noting the surrounding vegetation, and his plan to connect the river flowing through the city to the harbour. The accompanying text are extracts from Light's writings, some dated Feby. 7th [1837], elaborating on his plans for Adelaide. Relief shown by hachures and soundings.


"City Of Adelaide", lifeboat
Hulk of the former Beachport lifeboat "City of Adelaide" lying in Porter Bay, Port Lincoln.


Port Augusta Harbour
View of the Port Augusta Harbour, with the clipper 'City of Adelaide' on the extreme left, together with other sailing ships and a steamer, and various buildings on the water's edge.


Anti-Nuclear protest march
Members of the Port Adelaide Branch of the Waterside Workers Federation of Australia during an anti-nuclear protest march in Adelaide on Hiroshima Day, 6 August 1980. They are passing the Festival Theatre on King William Road.


Waterside Workers' Strike
[General description] This photograph shows some of the Citizen's Defence Brigade members leaving their 'special' (train) prior to forming up for the march to the camp. The volunteers Include well-known business leaders, members of professions, and university and college students. The men are standing about, with their kit, in groups. Vehicles include a side car motorcycle and two cars: the car on the extreme left, registration number 42-718 is a 21.7hp Chevrolet, first register on 25 March 1925 to J.K. Thomas & Co., Grenfell Street, Adelaide. The car in the centre, registration number 86745, is a 1927 Fiat 509c Tourer[On back of photograph] 'Reproduced in the "Register', October 1st, 1928 / Waterside workers' strike, Port Adelaide / 29 September 1928 / Members of the Citizen's Defence Brigade disembarking near Fort Largs prior to going into camp'.


Port Valentine
Port Valentine aged 12 years old, dressed as a Dalmatian Peasant.


Photographic display for the MFP
MORTLOCK LIBRARY: Photographic display for the Multi Function Polis from the Pictorial Collection far right, assembled at the "Port Misery to MFP" exhibition, Town Hall, Port Adelaide, October 5th 1990.


Photographic display for the MFP
MORTLOCK LIBRARY: Putting finishing touches to the photographic display assembled from the Pictorial Collection, at Port Adelaide Town Hall for the "Port Misery to MFP" exhibition, October 5th 1990.


Three Port Adelaide Football players chase a West Adelaide opponent
West Adelaide's Reg Zeuner chased by Port Adelaide players (from left) Leslie AG McLean, Bill McFarlane and Rex Mann during the Preliminary Final at Adelaide Oval in 1946.


Adelaide views : The Port
First of eight lithographs in an album. The Port. Mt Lofty in the background.


Process Operators under fire training, Adelaide Refinery
In this picture, Peter Pritchard, Port Stanvac Fire and Safety Officer (left), instructs a group on the use of "Superjet Foam Monitor" and demonstrates the use of fire branches, - 500 gallons per minute at 150 p.s.i. L-R, Peter Pritchard, Jim Cannell, Jim Brown, Len Arnold, Peter Turner, Terry Malone and George Ford (foot on wheel), March 1963.


Lube refinery, Adelaide Refinery
View of the Lube refinery at Port Stanvac, with kangaroos in the foreground.


Migrants at Port Adelaide
A group of Polish, Russian and Ukranian migrants pictured outside the Rechabite Hall at 310 Port Road, Port Adelaide, on the corner of Gracechurch Street. The group met on Sunday afternoons for fellowship.