Find • gawler place • Results 61 to 90 of 605

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, west side, 23rd April 1982, Gawler Place frontage is 8 yards. Old Astor Hotel.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

[General description] The eastern side of Gawler Place between Grenfell Street and Pirie Street.The premises include G. Hislop's Bedding Factory, Enterprise Shoe Company, Peacock and Company Limited Leather and Grindery Warehouse, Haste Importers, W.C. Rigby stationers and bookbinders, Lellman Jewellers, Bourne the Tailor, and the Offices of National Cash Register. Men on bicycles, a horse and cart and pedestrians can be seen. [On back of photograph] Acres 144 and 167. Gawler Place, east side. 1909-10. Probably 1909. See B 7787/24. On the right is Pirie Street. Near side of Hislop's shop is 65 and a haf yards south of Grenfell Street.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, East Side, 7 February 1973, right side of building is 30 2/3 yards north of Pirie Street and Gawler Place frontage is 10 2/3 yards.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, East Side, 12 October 1973, Gawler Place frontage is 30 1/3 yards and Pirie Street frontage is 28 2/3 yards.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, west side, north corner of McHenry Street, 31st August 1962. Frontage of building from left side of Bali Hai to right side of Sandwich Centre is 18 yards. McHenry Street runs off Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, West Side, 20 February 1973, Gawler Place frontage is 6 2/3 yards and McHenry Street frontage is 10 2/3 yards.

Pirie Street near Gawler Place

Pirie Street near Gawler Place

Pirie Street, south side. Macrows is on the west corner of Gawler Place. Far side of Simpson's (three storey brick building) is 37.5 yards west of Gawler Place. Frontage is 40 yards.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, September 8th 1923 looking south from Pirie Street. The intersection with Flinders Street can be seen with a tall building standing on the south western corner. Further on Gawler Place abuts Wakefield Street.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

North-East corner of Gawler Place and Flinders Street, 10 April 1958, The Earl of Zetland Hotel. Gawler Place frontage is 44 yards. For view of Flinders Street frontage see B 14058. For view of hotel in 1956 see B 13810

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, west side, 14 October 1935, far side of building is 33.5 yards north of Flinders Street and frontage is 17 yards. For alterations and additions made in 1936 see B 7039. Site of corrugated iron structure: far side is 33.5 yards north of Flinders Street. Frontage is 17 yards. In the background at 31 Flinders Street can be seen the seven storey Department of Education Building which was built on the south west side of Gawler Place and featured an entrance framed by Doric columns and the Australian Coat of Arms. It was demolished in 1973.

Flinders Street from the intersection with Gawler Place

Flinders Street from the intersection with Gawler Place

Flinders Street, looking east across Gawler Place. Tapson's is on the east corner of Gawler Place. On the right is the Baptist Church and on the left is the Presbyterian Church. Flinders Street can be seen disappearing into the parklands and the Adelaide Hills are in the distance.

Flinders Street, near Gawler Place

Flinders Street, near Gawler Place

Flinders Street and Gawler Place, south east corner, 19th January 1929 showing the A.N.A. building erected in 1926/8: Flinders Street frontage: 19 1/2 yards. Gawler Place frontage: 30 yards. For view of buildings formerly on the site see B3275.

Gawler Place south of Flinders Street

Gawler Place south of Flinders Street

Gawler Place, east side, July 1902, showing Joseph Florey's Standard Shoe and Leather Company premises. Left side is 37 yards south of Flinders Street. Frontage: 26 yards. At No. 98 Gawler Place stands the Standard Shoe and Leather Company, Joseph Florey proprietor. The business imports British and American goods and are manufacturers of the celebrated Chromella boots and shoes.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, east side, 30th October 1952. The buildings (commencing a little north of fire hydrant) occupied by Paramount Pictures, Elliott Bros., and Yellow Cabs. Left sideof building is 35 yards south of Flinders Street. Frontage: 71 yards. For photograph of this section of Gawler Place in 1925, see B 2951

Gawler Place, Adelaide

Gawler Place, Adelaide

[General description] View along Gawler place showing the old and new premises of Yellow Cabs. See B 3608 for a photograph of one of the cabs with a brief company history. [On back of photograph] 'Acres 301 & 272 / Gawler Place, east side / June 15, 1927 / Near portion of Yellow Cab's premises (concrete part) was erected in 1926. For view of cottages formerly on the site see B 3506. / Site of new portion: Near side is 35.5 yards north of Wakefield Street. Frontage: 24 yards.'

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, east side, 28th November 1969, right side of building is 59 yards north of Wakefield Street, Gawler Place frontage is 18 2/3 yards.

Gawler Place, Adelaide

Gawler Place, Adelaide

[General description] Two storey bluestone cottages and parked cars in Gawler Place. The rear of the Education Building on Flinders Street is seen in the background [On back of photograph] 'Acre 302 / Gawler Place, West side / May 16th 1955 / Right side of two storey house on the right is 35.5 yards south of Bray Street / Frontage of house is 7 1/4 yards / Frontage of the house on left is 7 3/4 yards / A driveway of 4 1/4 yards separates the two houses'

Corner of Gawler Place and Grenfell Street, formerly A. Simpson & Son

Corner of Gawler Place and Grenfell Street, formerly A. Simpson & Son

A view of the building at the intersection of Gawler Place and Grenfell Street, on the North East corner, which was originally the site of A. Simpson & Son's premises.

Corner of Gawler Place and Grenfell Street, formerly A. Simpson & Son

Corner of Gawler Place and Grenfell Street, formerly A. Simpson & Son

Grey scale digital photograph of a view of the building at the intersection of Gawler Place and Grenfell Street, on the North East corner, which was originally the site of A. Simpson & Son's premises.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, west side, looking north towards Rundle Street, 6th December 1962. Fletcher Jones Plus 8 Trousers shop is next to Claude Sarre Watches which is on the corner of Galwer Place and Featherstone Place. City Rubber Store stands to the south of the six storey Pharmacy Building which was erected in 1925

Head office of G. & R. Wills & Co. Limited, Gawler Place

Head office of G. & R. Wills & Co. Limited, Gawler Place

Premises on City Acre 20, corner of Gawler Place and Fisher Place, Adelaide, erected in 1914. The adjacent building of three storeys and basement in Fisher Place is the rear section of G. & R. Wills' North Terrace premises.

Gawler Chambers

Gawler Chambers

[General description] Gawler Chambers, soon after its construction in 1914. This five storey building was designed by architects Thomas English and George Klewitz Soward. The facade is of red brick with cream detailing, and is symmetrical in design, featuring a central Tudor style castellated parapet.There are four balustraded balconies on the two upper floors. [On back of photograph] 'Acre 19 / North Terrace east / South Australian Company's Offices / Gawler Chambers / North Terrace / c. 1914' (Another hand) 'Left side of Gawler Chambers abuts Gawler Place; frontage: 34 yards'.

Floods in Gawler

Floods in Gawler

GAWLER: A car with a motorcycle and side car travelling along Whitlaw Terrace in Gawler during floods in 1917; the premises of James Martin foundry on Walker Place can be seen in the background.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, west side. The right side of Dobbie's premises abuts Featherstone Place; frontage: 9 yards. AW Dobbie and Company were brass and iron founders and general importers. They were sellers of organs, pianos, watches, wringers and offered time payments.

Gawler Place

Gawler Place

Gawler Place, west side, 29th October 1952. Fletcher Jones building was remodelled in 1949, right side of building abuts Featherstone Place; frontage: 9 yards. For a view of the Fletcher Jones building in 1924 see B 2204. Fletcher Jones, an Australian entrepreneur business from 1895-1977 was a clothing manufacturer and retailer

Gawler Place, Adelaide

Gawler Place, Adelaide

Gawler Place, Adelaide, west side, in December, 1916. The left side of Murrell's Opticians is 38 1/2 yards north of Grenfell Street. On the extreme right, John Evans' New Piano House stands on the south corner of Featherstone Place.

Grenfell Street corner of Gawler Place

Grenfell Street corner of Gawler Place

Grenfell Street, south side. On the left is Gawler Place and on the right is Commercial Place. The corner building at number 40 houses Castle Salt Co-operative Company Limited.

Grenfell Street near Gawler Place

Grenfell Street near Gawler Place

Grenfell Street, south side looking east. Along the section between Commercial Place and Gawler Place the businesses seen include: SA Woollen Company Limited, tweed manufacturers, A Tileman and Company, South British Insurance Company and Staerker and Fisher Importers and Manufactueres Warehouse. Pedestrians are walking in the shade on the northern side of Grenfell Street and a horse hitching post is visible in the foreground.

Gawler Place, east side, near Flinders Street

Gawler Place, east side, near Flinders Street

Gawler Place, east side, 10 June 1929. In the centre and on the right is the Earl of Zetland Hotel. Near side of hotel is 44 yards north of Flinders Street. Two shop fronts were installed in the place of the windows this side of the archway in 1929.

Gawler Chambers, North Terrace, original site of the South Australia Company

Gawler Chambers, North Terrace, original site of the South Australia Company

Colour digital photograph of the facade of Gawler Chambers, located on the south west corner of North Terrace and Gawler Place. This was the site of the original South Australia Company premises.