South corner of Currie and King William Streets, 1900. The central building in this photograph is the Bank of Adelaide built in 1880-1 to the design of Wright Reed and Beaver, architects. Further along King William Street heading south is British Dental, and at 103 is Taylor's Restaurant. A banner on a first floor balcony advertises John F Sheridan at the Theatre Royal. It is 11.30 and many pedestrians are going about their business including two nuns who are crossing Currie Street. Businesses in Currie Street include: Woodforde, offering land loans and real estate, R Mitchell and Company both of which reside in Alfred Chambers.