Views of Victor Harbor [B 71393/1-50] • Photograph


Views of Victor Harbor
Headquarters of the RSL, Victor Harbor branch, Flinders Parade. The building was formerly the wool store of GS Read, built in 1868. Photograph shows modern extension on eastern side of the building. The building was demolished in 2009


Views of Victor Harbor
Cross of Sacrifice, Soldiers' Memorial Gardens


Views of Victor Harbor
The Anchorage, corner of Coral Street and Flinders Parade, Victor Harbor. Formerly Warringa guest house built 1909


Views of Victor Harbor
Soldiers' Memorial Gardens, looking south along Flinders Parade from the Anchorage


Views of Victor Harbor
State Bank, north-west corner of Coral Street and Ocean Street. Formerly the Savings Bank of South Australia, opened March 1928


Views of Victor Harbor
Hotel Grosvenor, south-east corner of Coral Street and Ocean Street, built 1896


Views of Victor Harbor
Bell's store, south-west corner of Coral Street and Ocean Street


Views of Victor Harbor
Victa Cinema, Ocean Street. Formerly the Ozone Theatre, opened November 1923


Views of Victor Harbor
view of southern section of Ocean Street


Views of Victor Harbor
Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency office, Ocean Street. Originally the barber shop of George Hill, grandfather of Premier Don Dunstan, and later Weatherald's butcher shop


Views of Victor Harbor
Sweets and treats, Pots of Colour, and Ben's Fish Café, Ocean Street. The two storey building was originally William Love's general store built circa 1880, later Battye and Co. general store


Views of Victor Harbor
Crown Hotel and bottle shop, Ocean Street


Views of Victor Harbor
Shops in Albert Place. The two-storey building now houses Pizza shop, and was originally Sedunary's Wheatsheaf Bakery, opened in 1916


Views of Victor Harbor
Newland Memorial Uniting Church, Victoria Street. Formerly Newland Memorial Congregational Church, built 1927


Views of Victor Harbor
Newland Memorial Uniting Church hall, Victoria Street. Built in 1869, with the Gothic annexe added in 1919


Views of Victor Harbor
house in Victoria Street, originally owned by the Gribble family


Views of Victor Harbor
'On occupied territory.' Art work on the seafront at Victor Harbor, representing the meeting of the French and English at Encounter Bay in 1802, and the original Aboriginal inhabitants


Views of Victor Harbor
Hotel Victor. Original hotel built on this site in 1863 and rebuilt in the 1960s


Views of Victor Harbor
The Old Customs House, museum and headquarters of the Victor Harbor National Trust, Flinders Parade. Built in 1866


Views of Victor Harbor
rear of the RSL, Victor Harbor branch, headquarters. Originally the woolstores of GS Read, built in 1868, the building was demolished in 2009


Views of Victor Harbor
platform and railway station Victor Harbor. The current station was built in 1926


Views of Victor Harbor
building formerly occupied by the Encounter Industries workshop, Flinders Parade. The building was built in 1923 to house the privately owned Harbor Electricity Company. It has subsequently been demolished


Views of Victor Harbor
Crown Hotel. The original hotel was built in 1864, but has been extensively renovated a number of times


Views of Victor Harbor
Whale Centre, Railway Terrace. The building was originally the railway goods shed, built in 1866


Views of Victor Harbor
Whale Tail fountain, Warland Reserve, 1993. The sculpture is the work of Silvio Apponyi


Views of Victor Harbor
rear of the National Trust museum, Flinders Parade. The building on the left was built as a customs house in 1866


Views of Victor Harbor
interior of the Whale Centre


Views of Victor Harbor
interior of the Whale Centre


Views of Victor Harbor
interior of the Whale Centre


Views of Victor Harbor
whale vertebrae on display at the Whale Centre