Bray, Theodor, 1927, Photograph, B 64383/4
The Carrieton Hotel (built 1879) at Carrieton. According to a researcher, 'this is the second hotel at Carrieton; the other hotel was built by Michael Standish O'Grady who swapped it for land with his brother William O'Grady. William and Jane O'Grady and their 8 children lived there until 1890's then went to the above pictured hotel as it was smaller. William died about this time. A Mr Kenny was hotelkeeper at both hotels at various times, he may have been the Mr. Kenny who took over the Orrorroo Express (paper)'.