Find • acre • Results 11,011 to 11,040 of 12,476

John Brooks outside his cottage at Magill

John Brooks outside his cottage at Magill

MAGILL: Early settler John Brooks outside his cottage built on the corner of Shakespeare Avenue and Third Street on five acres of land on the original Section 284 called Finchley.

'Glenberry' a property at Hawthorndene

'Glenberry' a property at Hawthorndene

HAWTHORNDENE: 'Glenberry' a property of 89 acres originally owned by James Bartlett, M.P. and later by the Wescombe family; it was situated alongside Upper Sturt Road, Rankeys Hill Road and Turners Avenue, eventually sold, subdivided and became part of Hawthorndene. David Unaipon, who would walk from Reynella to Adelaide, used to call for water and a chat.

Glenberry, a property at Hawthorndene

Glenberry, a property at Hawthorndene

A colour acrylic painting by Mrs Mary Down of 'Glenberry', a property of 89 acres situated alongside Upper Sturt Road, Rankeys Hill Road and Turners Avenue, which was later subdivided and became part of Hawthorndene. Signed on bottom left. The artist was a member of the Wescombe family, the last owners of 'Glenberry'. See also B 60839 for an alternative view.

Glenberry, a property at Hawthorndene

Glenberry, a property at Hawthorndene

A colour acrylic painting by Mrs Mary Down of 'Glenberry', a property of 89 acres situated alongside Upper Sturt Road, Rankeys Hill Road and Turners Avenue, which was later subdivided and became part of Hawthorndene. Signed on bottom right. The artist was a member of the Wescombe family, the last owners of 'Glenberry'. See also B 60838 for an alternative view.

The 'Beef March'

The 'Beef March'

More than 2000 people march along King William Street on 9 January 1931 in protest against the withdrawal of beef from the rations provided to the unemployed during the Depression.

AMP Building, 21 King William St, Adelaide

AMP Building, 21 King William St, Adelaide

Head office of the Australian Mutual Provident Society 21 King William Street, Adelaide.

Interior AMP Building, 21 King William St, Adelaide

Interior AMP Building, 21 King William St, Adelaide

Interior of reception area at the Australian Mutual Provident Society building, 21 King William Street, Adelaide.

Interior AMP Building, 21 King William Street, Adelaide

Interior AMP Building, 21 King William Street, Adelaide

Staircase inside the premises of the Australian Mutual Provident Society building 21 King William Street, Adelaide.

Interior AMP Building, 21 King William St, Adelaide

Interior AMP Building, 21 King William St, Adelaide

The enquiries desk in the main chamber of the Australian Mutual Provident Society office building 21 King William Street, Adelaide.

Interior AMP Building, 21 King William St, Adelaide

Interior AMP Building, 21 King William St, Adelaide

The claims area at the Australian Mutual Provident Society building 21 King William Street, Adelaide.

Interior AMP Building, 21 King William St, Adelaide

Interior AMP Building, 21 King William St, Adelaide

Interior of a timber lined office with a large wooden desk in the Australian Mutual Provident Society building, 21 King William Street, Adelaide.

King William Street, Adelaide

King William Street, Adelaide

Pedestrians mingle with horse drawn vehicles and bicycles as they cross King William Street in Adelaide; a view looking south, showing the Post Office and Town Hall towers in the distance.

Austral Gardens open air theatre

Austral Gardens open air theatre

Austral Gardens open air theatre, operated from 1915 to 1931 located behind Ayers House showing facade, stage and seating area.

Corner of Rundle Street and King William Street

Corner of Rundle Street and King William Street

Supplement to 'Figaro' September 12 1877. Captioned 'Buildings of Note No.4', the image depicts Waterhouse Chambers, occupied by J. Moss' "Temple of Fashion". A handwritten annotation reads 'Unemployed Lodging House'.

Martindale Hall

Martindale Hall

Martindale Hall near Mintaro. Designed by Architect Ebinizer Gregg of St. Helen's Place, London and built for 36,000 Pound in 1879-80 by the first owner Edmund Barton. The property comprising the house and more than 10,000 acres was purchased in 1892 by Wm. Tennant Mortlock.

Interior view of St Peter's Cathedral

Interior view of St Peter's Cathedral

Interior view of St. Peter's Cathedral showing the Rood Cross. Carved from a single piece of Queensland Maple by Andor Meszaros, the Rood was given in 1955 by Dorothy Mortlock in memory of her husband, John Andrew Tennant Mortlock. It was dedicated by Bishop Robin on Sunday 27 March 1955.

Interior view of St Peter's Cathedral

Interior view of St Peter's Cathedral

Interior view of St. Peter's Cathedral.

Interior view of St Peter's Cathedral

Interior view of St Peter's Cathedral

Interior view of St. Peter's Cathedral.

St. Peter's Cathedral

St. Peter's Cathedral

St. Peter's Cathedral viewed from Pennington Gardens.

View from the North Adelaide parklands

View from the North Adelaide parklands

View from the North Adelaide parklands looking south. Chas. Gerner's business is visible in the middle ground, with St Peter's Cathedral in the distance. According to a researcher, this image depicts the location near the corner of King William Road and Brougham Place, which is approximately one kilometre north from the corner of Tynte Street and Lefevre Terrace. The building on the left is now part of the Adelaide Children's Hospital Incorporated buildings. It is called the Angus Building now, and dates from 1893. Further south, part of the Alan Campbell Building is in view also part of what is now the Women's and Children's Hospital. The current Cathedral Hotel can be seen further south, on the corner of Kermode Street.

Rundle Street looking west

Rundle Street looking west

View along Rundle Street looking west from close to James Place, across King William Street and along Hindley Street. Identifiable businesses include the Mayfair Theatre, Myer Men's Store, Hammer Studios, Norfolk Hotel, Sigalas Cafe, the Beehive Corner and Miller Andersons. Trolley buses can also be seen. The George Formby film showing at the Mayfair was released in 1938 helping to date the photograph.

World War I Army nurses

World War I Army nurses

A group of Army nurses, with various military men and women organisers on the steps of the YWCA building in Hindmarsh Square. A few people are identified: Matron Hancock (fifth from left, front row); the Wren twins (4th & 5th from left, second back row); and Drs Rodrens and Russell (presumed to be the two men on the far right, front row).

Miss Gladys Sym Choon's shop

Miss Gladys Sym Choon's shop

Exterior of Miss Gladys Sym Choon's shop in East Rundle Street.

Window of Miss Gladys Sym Choon's shop

Window of Miss Gladys Sym Choon's shop

View of one of the windows of Miss Gladys Sym Choon's shop in East Rundle Street, featuring photographs and parasols.

Window of Miss Gladys Sym Choon's shop

Window of Miss Gladys Sym Choon's shop

View of one of the windows of Miss Gladys Sym Choon's shop in East Rundle Street, featuring various Asian artefacts.

Street art in Hindley Street

Street art in Hindley Street

Street art on the side of the Cargo Club wall western wall, entitled 'once upon a time'.

Street art in Frome Street

Street art in Frome Street

Mural on the side of the building on the north-east corner of the Frome Road - Rundle Street intersection, Adelaide.

Street art in Frome Street

Street art in Frome Street

Detail of mural on the side of the building on the north-east corner of the Frome Road - Rundle Street intersection, Adelaide.

Rundle Mall

Rundle Mall

Looking west along Rundle Mall with the balls in the middle ground.

Rundle Mall balls

Rundle Mall balls

View of the silver balls located in Rundle Mall, Adelaide.