The iron ship 'Loch Long', 1261 tons, moored in an unidentified port [iron ship, later barque, 1261 tons. ON76726. 228.5 x 35.8 x 21.3. Built 1876 (11) J&G Thomson, Glasgow. James Aitken and others, of Glasgow were the first owners, later General Shipping Co. (Aitken and Lilburn, managers) registered Glasgow. Missing. Left Melbourne April 29, 1903 for New Caledonia to load nickel ore for the Clyde, but failed to arrive. Wrecked, found at the Chatham Islands, east of New Zealand. Identified as from the vessel and it was presumed she struck The Sisters, off the islands, about the end of May 1903, and there were no survivors].